Kenya Renal Association is a non-political professional body for Kenya’s nephrologists and renal scientists.
Since our foundation, we have been active in promoting and disseminating research that may ultimately improve outcomes for patients with kidney disease.
Our mission is to empower people who have kidney disease to become knowledgeable about their illness, proactive in their care and most importantly hopeful about their future.
We fulfill that mission by educating clinicians and scientists interested in kidney disease. Most recently, we have become more active in issues around training of doctors and the planning and development of clinical services at a national level.
The objectives of Kenya Renal Association are:
- To provide continuing medical education to the members, colleagues, and community.
- To foster understanding and cooperation among the members.
- To harmonize protocols on the practice of nephrology.
- To promote and conduct research in nephrology and to create a common database.
- To lobby for government support in formulating policy matters related to renal diseases.
- To protect, safeguard and promote the interests and welfare of all Kenya Renal Association members and to work for the common betterment.
- The Association will strive to redress its member’s general grievances regarding pension benefits and also undertake educational, social, cultural and economic services and such other matters that will improve the life of the members.
- To raise funds by subscriptions and donations from its members and others.